Literally, what an incredible 24 hours. I took the day off work because Toronto Animal Services are pretty restricted in their hours for surgeries. It seemed simpler than stressing about getting to work quite late and leaving early. Of course the day got even more complicated than I planned!
- first thing, I took Fae, Fern, Flynn to TAS to be sterilized (TCR has an agreement that the cats we rescue from TAS are eligible to have their spay/neuter surgeries done there)
- while at the shelter I picked up two ferals; one was a chocolate point Siamese male and the other a dark grey with white chest and paws female. Both are supposed to be very temporary.
- word came through that Dahlia was adopted at lunchtime, about 24 hours after appearing on the website (someone called about her a just couple of hours after the posting went live)
- the feral grey was picked up by another foster late in the afternoon
- Pavot was adopted by dinnertime
- Dot’s had some referrals but nothing final yet
For those of you keeping track, that’s stuff happening with EIGHT different cats. (Plus looking after Dixie, Murphy, and Jonesy.)