Buckle up … it was another one of those weekends.

Just a note about me and Fridays … I am usually so completely wiped by the week that Friday nights are my do-nothing-not-even-basic-tidying-or-anything-just-veg-in-front-of-the-TV-with-a-glass-of-wine-(or two)-and-maybe-takeout-night. So when I have to do running around — especially driving in Toronto traffic — I feel like I start the weekend with an energy deficit.


  • picked up canine Bella and took her to work
  • used lunch hour to grocery shop (and walk Bella, of course!)
  • on the way home picked up various cat foods and last minute things for Jellybean’s and Cookie’s “suitcases”
  • dropped canine Bella at home
  • gathered up feline Bella and her stuff and delivered her to her new foster home (not far from mine!) When Murphy started picking on her we posted for a new foster home for her. I think it’s perfect! Small, quiet and she’s the only pet.
  • returned home and cleaned foster room & prepared the “suitcases” for the adoption event


  • drove 30km (17.4 miles) — one way — to drop off Jellybean and Cookie at our partner store (with the amazing Jen and her team!!) by 9am.
  • Cookie had an almost immediate response to her web posting! We were unable to set up a meet & greet but the potential adopter went to meet her at the store and by 11am she was adopted. πŸ™‚
  • on the way home from dropping off, stopped at York Mills Animal Hospital and pick up a new (Quebec) foster — Rousette. She’s adorable and friendly. Walked right out of her crate, streeeeetched, ate, explored, peed, purred, and played! She’s already curious about outside the foster room but she’s a quarantine case. I’ve been told she likely doesn’t need the full two weeks, but I’m giving her the weekend just to see.img_5661r
  • settled in Rousette and crammed an entire weekend’s worth of chores into a few hours


  • drove 34 km (21 miles)Β  — one way — to Volunteer Centre for shift (practically the same location as the store but I had to take the “long way” due to the Toronto Waterfront Marathon. NOT that I’m complaining; we had a fundraising team in the event.
  • met friends for brunch
  • headed back to pick up Jellybean, as I suspected. So sad. He was lovely and put on a great show of adorableness at the event. Apparently, on Sunday, they put a harness on him and he just hung out at the front door greeting people!dsc_0233rBut the meds. The stupid meds.


About Adventures in Cat Fostering

I am a cat fosterer for Toronto Cat Rescue. I also have two cats of my own, Jonesy, the black and white, and Murphy, the brown tabby, in the photo. Both were adopted from Toronto Cat Rescue.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Whew!

  1. Connie says:

    goodness, I need a nap just reading all of that πŸ™‚ Congratulations on the adoption.. those always help.

    Liked by 1 person

  2. What a busy lady! I’m glad you squeezed in brunch with friends for yourself at least!

    Liked by 1 person

  3. had one of those weekends here too…..

    Liked by 1 person

  4. Pingback: Outstanding updates | Adventures in Cat Fostering

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s