Everyone takes to Ethan (and Ethan takes to everyone!). Everyone remembers Ethan. But I have a very soft spot for Casey. She’s smart, affectionate, and fiesty. She doesn’t let the bigger cats get the best of her — not by a long shot!
Some over time observations on tiny Casey:
- one of the keyboards at work was on top of the wand toy — holding it in place for them. Casey stepped on the keyboard and it see-sawed with a bang. She jumped back startled but recovered enough to quickly give it a whack for good measure!
- Ethan — at one time twice her size — is still bigger and can pin her and is a bully. She might squeal when he’s being rough but she doesn’t back down — ever. I’ve seen her throw herself at him and knock him over!
- you know when she’s unhappy with being locked up; I think the whole building knows when she’s unhappy being locked up!
- when Ethan escaped my office (at work and I didn’t notice) she stood there screaming at me! Don’t know if she was worried or tattling but it worked. And lucky me he didn’t go under the stairs.
- Casey gives Ethan confidence. Though they rely on each other, I think Ethan needs her more than she needs him.
- during an early playtime with Ace (testing the waters) she got a hold of the plastic spring and marched around growling playing “keep away”. She has a most impressive growl for such a tiny thing!
- when Bella arrived Casey took a dislike to her and growled and bullied her mercilessly. Tiny little Casey could keep Bella away from the food plate as long as she wanted — with the most astounding growl. Seriously, it took me ages to figure out who was growling because it couldn’t possibly be coming out of her!
- she “made strange” at the vet’s the day of her surgery. Wouldn’t eat, hid under a blanket (while Ethan charmed the place!). But the second she walked out of the carrier, she ran over to a toy and started playing!
- the other night she found a pom-pom that had been hiding. She ran around happily for ages with it in her mouth — mostly playing “keep away” with Ethan. And that growl appeared again!
She’s sleeping here. I love how sleek and shiny and plump she looks! A far, far cry from the little bag of skin and bones and pus she was when she arrived!