I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award by Rachel at Three Chatty Cats. (Check her out, especially to see her three beautiful cats!)
For the award, you’re supposed to list 11 interesting things about yourself, answer ten questions from the nominator, nominate ten other bloggers and pose ten questions to them. It’s actually the second time I’ve been nominated and the first time I was stunned and stymied. Partly because I’m not that keen on writing about myself (unless it pertains to foster adventures!) and partly because I don’t really see myself as a blogger! More a diarist. (Hey, even Samuel Pepys wrote about his cat!)
This time I tried. I really did! I could only think of seven interesting things about myself — I lead a very quiet life! And I really don’t know where to start with nominating bloggers. Most of the ones I follow have been around quite a while and are well established (a Liebster is supposed to be for newbies).
I can answer the questions that Rachel posed:
- How many pets have you had in your life? 13 cats, mice when I was a kid and fish
- What is the farthest place from home you’ve traveled? Italy
- Do you prefer coffee or tea? coffee
- When did you start your blog? August 2014
- Why did you start your blog? To keep track of my foster adventures; I found I was forgetting their stories.
- What is your favorite snack food? Mood dependent, but usually salty over sweet; pistachios, chips.
- What is your social media of choice (if any)? None. The only one I participate in at all is Facebook and hardly that.
- What house of Hogwarts would you be sorted into? Of course everyone wants to be Gryffindor, but really, I’m more Hufflepuff.
- What’s your favorite season and why? Fall! I like the cool weather and, of course, here we have some of the most spectacular fall colours.
- What’s the last movie you saw or book you read? Movie: Star Wars Book: The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton and The Lighthouse by P.D. James (it’s a bit of a surprise that they’re “grown up” books; I read a LOT of YA)
I won’t totally give up on the idea of complete this task, but it’s going to take some time and a lot of thought.