IT’S ALL GOOD.
As far as we can tell — it’s not an exact science.
- She doesn’t have milk now! The milk from before could have been from an earlier litter (Dr. A. is pretty sure Oprah’s already had kittens). They usually have milk about a week before birth, hence the original estimate (plus that Dr. A. could feel “lumps”).
- Now that she’s healthier and has been eating so much, it’s harder to feel them — apparently she has lots of “regular” tummy now. 😉
- the x-rays showed probably three kittens (again, not exact and apparently she was full of poop, hampering some of the views!)
- the skeletons don’t show up on x-rays until after 40 days, so we know she’s at least that far along. However, their skeletons weren’t super obvious — they were a little pale.
- Dr. A. thinks they look fine. Again, impossible to tell 100% but here’s hoping.
UPDATE: if you want to see her x-ray head on over to the York Mills AH Facebook page!
We could be looking at another two weeks — or more!! So I’m calling off the “kitten watch” for now.
A very special “thank you” to Elaine and Liz, who contributed to the visit and made it even easier to say “yes” to an x-ray!