Despite saying nothing’s happening, with five cats in the house, there’s always something happening!
- Ella jumped in the tub! I was thrilled at the physical progress it shows but I was showering at the time! Luckily she froze and stayed between the side of the tub and the shower curtain. She got more wet from me picking her up to lift her out than from the shower.
- First night (and LAST for a while) of complete freedom for all. I had Regine IN MY FACE a number of times during the night. She is crazy affectionate; must update her bio! And the resident cats weren’t impressed. And Ella was all wound up and wouldn’t eat breakfast the next morning.
- I was working at the computer and “Shakira” (no collar) jumped up on the desk. She was rolling around, desperate for attention. Wow, I thought, some two-week switch has turned on her! She likes attention but she’s not usually that demanding. A while later I noticed something unfamiliar on the floor. Thought it was a toy, but it was odd. Picked it up … Regine’s collar!! Don’t know how she got it off (it was undone) but had to get the two of them back together to compare and make sure I put it back on the right cat! Sure enough, it was Regine on the desk, not Shakira. 🙂 I’ve been lazy, using the collar for identification. I should make sure I’m noting the differences between them.
- I was getting dressed this morning when Ella jumped up on the bed (it’s lower than the couch, so not a surprise). I left her there because I want her to practice getting down; she’s capable but afraid. Maybe her poor vision? Later I was doing a head count before I left. “Where’s Ella?” Like a bullet, she comes racing out of the bedroom, bounces off a wall into the bathroom, does a circle around the bathroom and races back into the bedroom! Head count finished. 😉
- Jonesy and Murphy seem to have accepted Regine and Shakira. I’ve seen lots of nose-to-nose action and little or no hisses. But Ella still clearly bothers them. I suspect it’s her fearlessness; she just walks up to them and licks or head butts or pats them with a paw. The HSI girls are much more respectful!