I’m so excited for Ella!! She’s made some progress that in most other cats wouldn’t be a big deal but for her they’re pretty big hurdles.
- she’s getting along well with Regine and Shakira; follows them like, forgive me, a puppy 😉 though she still hisses when startled
- we’ve had only one accident in a week and I’m getting more and more sure that was because she was alone for the day
- we’ve tried a couple of different foods and she seems to have settled on Royal Canin Babycat, for now; she loves it and she’s having much more solid poops
- she’s not as messy with her food; Regine and Shakira may be cleaning up the kibble, but she’s not stepping in her wet food as much (Come to think of it, I don’t think she’s standing in her pee as much, either. I haven’t had to clean up any little wet footprints!)
- SHE JUMPED UP ON THE COUCH!!!!!!!!!! Twice*. I can’t even begin to explain how huge that is. You can’t imagine unless you’ve seen her in action.
- she jumped/fell off the couch and landed on her feet (okay, that might not have been on purpose)
She still doesn’t “corner” well. 😉 And I’m going to have to really watch her when she’s loose and running around; she tends to crash into things. That’s okay when you’re a tiny, bendy kitten, but she’s getting to a size where she could hurt herself. I’ve still been unsuccessful getting her to drink — I’m not giving up — but that’s the most easily managed of her issues. She still “circles” quite a bit (a sign of neurological issues) and watching her run here, there, and everywhere last night I realized that it was the behaviour of a much younger kitten. But it’s very clear to me that she IS still learning; yes she’s way behind a typical kitten of her age but she’s making fantastic progress.
*The first time I think she surprised herself and just stood there. The second time she charged up like it was nothing and ran right up onto my chest for a cuddle. For a second, I just took it for granted. Then I realized what had just happened!