- Ella met the front desk person in my building. Love at first sight. Ella was exhausted from her day at work and just snoozed in Tammy’s arms. Tammy is clearly an animal person; she has a dog and a cat and lost her cat of 18 years just a couple of months ago. She says everyone in her household is “different” in some way. Do I sense an adoption? Competition for my co-worker Elaine, who also loves Ella.
- Joe is getting more comfortable; I saw him take a swipe at Jonesy. But I also saw Murphy stand up for himself and send Joe packing. 😉
- another tempting TCR fundraiser
- another big clean-up; I’m banking on Ella being coccidia-free, even though we won’t test her until the end of the week. I disinfected and cleaned her room. Can’t wait until she can get out of quarantine! It’s not that she’s so unhappy in there, it’s that she SO HAPPY when she’s out of there.
- Bella is with us again. Joe was not impressed but, as usual, Bella was so unthreatening that he calmed down. He even jumped on my lap while Bella was on the other end of the couch. I suspect that’s a combination of Bella’s calmness and Joe’s powerful love for snuggling.
- Ella is behaving more and more like a
normalusual cat. She actually napped the lazy, grey afternoon away — in her bed — like the rest of the cats, rather than restlessly roaming around her room. She’s also grown enough that she can tip over the new food dishes I bought her! I’ve had to find a bigger, deeper, heavier dish for her.
- I got an update on Lou! It took “almost a week for her and my other cats to adjust to each other but they get along perfectly well now … she is doing tremendously well and has already grown a fair bit. She is an amazing little cat who I absolutely love.”