Everyone is at home safe and sound. The girls slept all the way home on the bus and were lively and ready for supper when we got home. Mandy cried a lot all evening and even managed to open the door to the room (by standing up against it when the box was moved)! I tried everything to quiet her until I figured out that she wanted more canned food! She snarfed a bunch down and then went to snuggle with Claire. This morning I figured out that they won’t share dishes; I’d been putting down four, ’cause it’s easier to carry, but clearly I need to use five dishes.
Claire let me skritch her chin and neck last night!! More than that, she seemed to enjoy it rather than just tolerate it.
Some personality observations:
- Bree is the bravest and most affectionate; she even purred for the store clerk when I stopped to buy kibble yesterday.
- Mac is the most timid; he often runs and hides even when I come in the room. 😦
- Jem is the biggest, most advanced. Picks on his siblings, but isn’t terribly brave.
- Fergus is the quietest (unless he’s really hungry); he’s very observant. Likes to cuddle.
- Mandy is … a calico! She’s loud and demanding and she bit the vet yesterday. True, Dr. Amanda was trying to take her temperature at the time. Dr. A: “Yup, she’s a calico. Wow, she really latched on!” In fairness, she’d just had diarrhea in the carrier (! at least there was a towel) and we’d had to bath her. So she was wet and cold and her little butt is sore from the diarrhea. For this tiny little 400g kitten, it took the vet and the technician to take her temperature. 🙂